The death of you or your partner would be hard enough for your loved ones to deal with, without having to cope with additional expenses. Putting plans in place now can lessen the financial strain that they may experience at an already difficult time.
The purpose of life insurance is to help protect those you leave behind and can help offer financial support and reassurance to your loved ones.
Not only would your family need to deal with the expected costs such as funeral expenses, a mortgage or daily bills, but there may also be unexpected costs such as bringing your loved ones home from overseas.
Some Interesting stats.
- Cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke) accounts for 40% of all deaths annually.
- Every 90 minutes a New Zealander dies from coronary heart disease.
- 1,612 New Zealanders died in accidents over a period of 12 months.
- 58 is the average age of a life insured when a claim is paid out.
- The largest ever claim made on a Life Cover policy was for $3.2 million in April 2010.
- The most common causes of death on a Life Cover policy are cancer (38%) and heart conditions (21%).
1. National Heart Foundation, www.nhf.org.nz, sourced Jan 2010
2. During 2008, Accident Compensation Corporation, www.acc.co.nz
3. TOWER Health & Life claims information, as at Dec 2009